Monday, March 3

it's. not. raining.

i wrote most of this entry on my Palm Vx, and it automatically caps the first letter after punctuation. so there.

For once, the weekend was better spent than a Monday in school.

I leave the house late, because of my fucking contact lenses, and have to threaten my punctuality, taking the risk of taking TIBS 106, which i have never done before. I'd compliment TIBS on their excellent bus services, but i'm too pissed off now.

I get to school, and they have a sex talk. They clearly overestimate the maturity of the students in this school. HIV/AIDS is not a topic for Monday morning discussion. I will not repeat the questions posed after the talk, but they covered excessive masturbation, the age of consent & the problems commonly associated with a torn condom.

I hope the school has learnt something from this.

After assembly, i grabbed my bag from the classroom as stalked off to my free period, cutting through the bullshit served up on a platter by my classmates. As usual.

So why am i surprised when none other than Mr Alvin Pfeiffer Lim comes over and decides to be the first to disturb me this week? He trots over to the bench i'm sitting at, and wants to see the i was reading. It was already more than an arm's length away from him, but i sensed that he wouldn't buzz off without it. Hence, i handed the book over & moved on to finding something else to do. He buzzed off, uttering something about returning it the next time saw me. Exit Mr Lim.

Enter Mdm Kwok, informing me that my classmates managed a 100% distinction in geography. I knew that, along with their results, about three hours before they they knew last Friday. And even if i didn't, i certainly didn't need another My-Time-Had-Passed reminder. but, no. she even goes on to talk about how great it would have been if i had continued along with then last year. how insenstitive is that?

then Pfeiffer joins her and cackles about seeing my name there next year. i shouted that it was already - under Withdrawn

why can't they just leave me alone?

"I'm only happy when it rains
I feel good when things are going wrong
I only listen to the sad, sad songs
I'm only happy when it rains

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that
I'm only happy when it rains

You'll get the message by the time I'm through
When I complain about me and you
I'm only happy when it rains"

- "Only Happy When It Rains", Garbage

No comments: