Monday, February 24

Been It.

it's monday again. we were unceremoniously dumped at my aunt's place, where the Lim family was playing Mahjong. my mom decided to head over to her friend's place to play mahjong, taking one of my sisters home first.

this resulted in our reaching home, with the 'portable' [i had to collapse it and lug it to the car] mahjong table and half-finished pot of spaghetti, at midnight, in the back of a silver Toyota RAV4 L.

needless to say, i was pissed. and that screwed the monday that followed. sleeping only five hours, i headed off to school in a newly-bought, starched-up, damned-uncomfortable shirt. why did i buy a new shirt? so i would be less uncomfortable on mondays, with a tie.

oh, and i got like, 25/25 on my maths CA1. suppressing vague memories of being awarded first in level in primary one, i chose to raise my eyebrows. my mom barely lifted one when i told her.

"Poor donee,
What are you gonna try to be?
Where are you gonna go without me, now?

I've been your mother,
I've been your father
You couldn't ask me for more

I've been your sister,
I've been your mistress
Maybe I was your whore

You couldn't ask me for more"

- "Been It", The Cardigans

No comments: