Saturday, November 29

the tan family goes to SITEX

MOTHER TAN: [points towards iBook on display at the Apple stand] That one iPod, har?

APPLE-HIRED ASSISTANT: [excitedly] Yes!

i have lost quite a bit of hope that one day Apple will re-educate the world and take over the Wintel universe, considering the kind of hired help they get for shindigs like SITEX, even if it's temp staff.

and, no, MOTHER TAN isn't my mother. my surname is Khoo. less common than the dime-a-dozen Tan. my mom actually knows what an iPod is and looks like, though her eyebrows shot past her forehead and brushed the cheap fabric ceiling of our Suzuki Swift GL when i told her that it costs eight hundred dollars.

turns out the Saab i thought was a new addition to Chuan Park wasn't. it's disappeared, though i'm not sure when. however, it would appear that someone's bought a black Hyundai Tuscani, the Korean excuse for a coupe, and parked it next to the resident lesbians' black Toyota MR2 roadster. très original.

un jour et compte


"I would die for you
I would die for you
I've been dying just to feel you by my side
To know that you're mine

I would cry for you
I would cry for you
I will wash away your pain with all my tears
And drown your fear

I will pray for you
I will pray for you
I would sell my soul for some thing pure and true
Someone like you

See your face every place that I walk in
Hear your voice every time I’m talking
You will believe in me
And I will never be ignored"

- "#1 Crush", Garbage

No comments: