Tuesday, May 24

a house is not a home

i should freaking be asleep. but i'm too everything to sleep. i wish you knew what i meant.

there's a free breakfast i'm invited to going on in seven hours at TCC. no, not The Coffee Connoisseur, Temasek Convention Center. it marks the start of the semester and preceeds the talk given by the director before the start of every semester.

after that, i need to sort out my sister's school smartcard at Tiong Bahru, for which she submitted my brother's birth certificate in a cold-medicine haze. after that i need to bring the birth certificate to Lavender, where my brother needs to register for his identity card, which is a week overdue, once done i need to bring the smartcard to Toa Payoh to meet my sister.

i think i miss design school orientation. i only think i do because i wasn't an official part of it, but there's even a photo of me in the post-orientation online gallery [also: i need to decide what exactly it is i want to do with my hair]. the thing is that bits of it seemed enormous fun from the outside looking in.

i want my PowerBook back. i fear i suffer from abandonment issues, and i fear this particular one is at fever pitch. withdrawal is not a good thing.

the warranty on my PowerBook ends on the sixth of June. the same day our residential reprieve at Chuan Park ends. five hundred dollars will extend the AppleCare Protection Plan on my PowerBook for another two years. sadly the same cannot be said for Chuan Park.

i managed to spend over two hundred dollars at Zara without wanting a single thing there. that's what sisters can do.

my freshman-to-junior break is over. and i'm not really sure what happened before, during or is going to happen after it.

"Rory, the penal system isn't something to enjoy, it's something with a name that makes us giggle."
-Lorelai Gilmore, in Gilmore Girls 0522: A House Is Not A Home

2 comments:

Jeanette Chen said...

here. I thought you might want to have some tips on styling your hair.not that I'm the best person to go to for such advice.

Opt for a short haircut around the sides and the nape areas to give the hair a neat appearance.
1. Firstly,leave your hair longer with layers on top with textured pieces to give hair movement.
2.Add color to fine hair will give hair shine and appear thicker. To thick hair added highlights will give the hairstyle a lot of movement.

Firstly, I think that coloring your hair would give it more volume. It looks flat as hell, and some blowdrying and stiffening with hairspray will do you well. the low-maintenance option to looking like you have hair instead of an extremely dark haze hovering over your head, is to dye it. now I know you're completely against the idea of dyeing your hair, but a subtle shade of ash brown, not the viridian hues a la would accentuate your curls nicely. finally, visit this site for the hairstyle I'm recommending for your face shape.Its no Bee Gee, but I doubt that you'll look presentable with three day beard and a John Lennon.The coloring is the trick. That's all I guess. if you need any more advice, do call. My personal stylist is still working magic. And I doubt you can get lower priced dye jobs or cuts than at the place I go to.With quality, of course.peace out.

Jeanette Chen said...

* a la jacelyn tay.

here's the site.

http://thehairstyler.com/images/men_hairstyles_3.jpg

here's the hue.
#999966

please note: when I say dye, I don't mean dye the entire head said hue. it means tint, along with other accentuating shades.