Sunday, January 18

money is a good thing, only those without it complain' - Adam First, Wave 103 FM

i've just finished indexing my tapes of the second season of Gilmore Girls [snide remarks to me direct, please, they won't do much good being heard by your monitor]. it took way longer than expected. now the mammoth task of re-recording them onto tapes that go "gilmore girls 0201-0203", rather than "ally mcbeal 0521[?], gilmore girls 0222, dharma & greg [unknown]. etc, etc". you get the drift, i hope. but i will not be cutting out the ads. not just because i'm an lazy arse, but also because three-year-old ads can be interesting and even thought-provoking. [plus, if i ever enter the ad industry like i half-intend to, they'll come in handy].

for example: i spied a Deuter ad on one of the Gilmore tapes. what's happened to Deuter? it's been tossed aside in favour of Crumpler. so pooh-pooh and poppycock to those who claimed that their Deuter was the last bag they will ever buy. ten-to-one they've a Crumpler in place of it now. and pooh-pooh/poppycock, too, to those who claim that their Crumpler will be the last bag they'll ever buy. we'll see in three years, buster.

i'll stick with my very, very old Nike messenger bag [recently returned to me after my sister obtained a Topshop graffiti-print bag], thank you.

i am wanting an iBook SE [the old clamshell ones, except the SE comes in graphite].

Cons:
-costs $500 second-hand [without a new battery to replace the worn-out one that comes with it]
-its LCD goes up to a maximum of 800x600 pixels
-mono speaker [note that that's a singular noun]
-only one USB port
-only 366MHz [supposedly OK for an Apple. anw it's only $500]
-128MB RAM [enough, but not quite enough]
-i do not have $500

Pros:
-i checked, finally, and MSN Messenger for Mac DOES have most of the features of the Windows version
-finally MY own PC for MY own use
-it comes with OS X Panther, and a carrying case
-i will FINALLY have a Mac
-i will have something to take notes on if i go to JC/Poly

i NEED to find work. i'm broke. and i owe pat money [although that itself is a result of my family members owning me money].

"Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither wildly, they slip away
Across the universe

Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru de va om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world"

- "Across The Universe", Fiona Apple

No comments: