Tuesday, November 23

"bizarro day, huh?"

sunday:

jenghis's birthday. meet, wait, discuss, cuss, call, enquire, discuss, decide, discuss the location of the nearest cafe cartel, decide all over again, walk to marche, stop at lucky plaza, wait at lucky plaza, find out they already went to marche, holler at them over the Nokia, walk to marche, wait, get seated at a bench, wait, jenghis arrives, i order a diet snapple and matt thinks it's funny, they eat, we leave, they jack jenghis whilst i walk right over to fawwaz's gift-wrapping booth, all beats in place and counted for.

then we parted. half went to pool, fawwaz went back to his booth, matt went home, xuan and kenneth followed me shopping. evenrything was closed or closing. including Kennth Cole. closed. i just stared in through the window for a couple of seconds. then walked towards the Topman at Wisma Atria. and looked for something to buy. everything was either ugly, too cheap, or i didn't need it. in the end i decided on i-love-it-but-don't-need-it. a grey sandblast pinstripe blazer. pretty. and a hundred and twenty-three dollars. i charged it to my MasterCard and enjoyed the richness of it.

then xuan wanted to see a busker doing magic tricks. then xuan wanted a cookie from Coffee Club Express. so we went. and the iced cafe latte was rather good. then i called fawwaz, and we all met up and got onto the NEL and went home.

monday:

woke slightly late for the gallery. got up, showered, did whatever i could with my brother's wet-gloss gel [ew, and yes, i was at home], decided to bring my stuff with me so i can go to my aunt's direct, used the notebook case my aunt gave me, decided to wear the blazer i bought yesterday and stole my father's shoes. they hurt. but i looked good.

went to xuan's aunt's gallery. it was a nice place. too nice to hold mosh. things will break.

then followed fawwaz to The Heeren Shops to exchange Moby's Play for the De-Lovely soundtrack. i've been in town too many times this week. i'm starting to reek of town. yet after getting the exchange done at HMV, what do i do but pop over to Spinelli's for a Latte Spin?

after that, i headed over here. business as usual for a couple of hours. then my mom texts:

"Tomoro I'm doing e trade in of ür phone. which model ü wanted? N i nd ür tis phone n charger too..when ü b back here?"

no advance notice, no "so do you want to trade in your phone", nothing.

she just decides out of the blue that she's going to trade in the phone i've been using, without much of a plan as to what i'm going to use after she trades it in, except for this nugget she reveals when i call her, carefully concealing the fit i'm throwing:

"at the most i get the 6230 lor, because if later next few months you want something else then i can take that phone what. i don't like what siemens, motorola, samsung, sony ericsson one."

"i don't like nokias."

"aiyah, just anyhow use for one two months can one what."

i am not my siblings. i am not my mother or father. when i buy something, it is something i've decided i want to commit to for a while. it goes without saying that i won't buy anything i do not like. just because my brother changes mobile phones three times in the last year doesn't mean i will. i want a Motorola Razr V3. or a Motorola V600. neither of which my mom will let me buy, no matter how long i argue.

and what, i can't buy a Motorola because she doesn't like them, and i can't not buy a Nokia even if i hate them?

so. what happens? i buy the Nokia off my mother. she just wants the money. she's piss-scared that the value of the Nokia 8910 that i'm using now will depreciate further [what a shocker]. are you reading what i've typed? i've been driven to such desperate measures by my mother and my father that i've actually BOUGHT A NOKIA OFF MY MOTHER. and the most Nokian of all Nokias, no less.

so, after all that? my dad calls in the evening. drunk. wanting money from me. i ignore him and call my mother to notify her. she's even more piss-scared that i will give the $140 that's supposed to go to her to him. i hang up on both of them and go to watch TV.

that's it. i don't care how much it costs, but next month when more of my father's money comes in, i'm taking money out to buy a V3. i don't bloody care any more.

No comments: