Tuesday, December 13

my Eyes don't want to Open any more

It’s six-twelve A.M.

What am I doing? Writing the speech for the opening of “Eyes Wide Opened” (I didn’t name it), the exhibition put on by the students that went on the exchange trip to China.

Is it wise for the speech to be written less than five hours before it’s meant to be read? No.

Is it wise for the work for the exhibition not to be ready yet? No.

What happened? I don’t know.

Everything seems last minute, bad decisions made left and right, the wrong attitudes all over the place, lackluster and poorly arranged photo exhibition, meaningless journals on display, uninteresting-at-best artifacts gleaned from the few people who bothered to contribute any. People who turn up to do nothing beyond reading other people’s journals and fucking around with the music on the laptop. All work compressed into the last two days before the exhibit.

A committee of one is not one at all.

My biggest fear? This turns out to be worse than the PID exhibition. Now I never went to the PID exhibition, because no one would go with me, but I have a suspicion we might not make it.

And to be worse than a PID effort? Is really, really, sadly, pathetic.

No comments: