Saturday, February 28

would you still love me, if i wasn't a poet?

i woke up in the morning today. and the curtains were closed [i normally leave them open on weekdays so that i'll wake before noon]. had a small bowl of porridge for breakfast. then went and flipped the TV on to watch the Gilmore Girls rerun i taped yesterday. was a waste of time, cause i had already seen that episode.

a day of anomalies so far [even the insane idea the condo management had of shutting my water off, to discern if the pipes in my flat are causing grevious damage to the building, from 10 PM last night to 10 AM today didn't dampen my mood, even if i had to go to sleep unwashed]. and the biggest one yet is the telemovie Love Poetry. it's no Love Me If You Dare, but it's enough like it to be good, and it is the best locally produced film i have ever seen, whether for cinema or television. which makes it worthwhile trying to get my brother to tape it whilst i was outisde after the gig at The Third Place [i forgot to program the VCR], and anything worth putting up with him for is probably worth its weight in gold. i'm breaking off the protection tab on this one [that prevents the VHS from being taped over, whether by accident or on purpose].

let's see how long this mood'll last, shall we?

"Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom

And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Everyday words seem to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La vie en rose"

- "La Vie En Rose", Louis Armstrong

No comments: