Tuesday, September 7

bow down to me

so here i am, in the PID studio. the malays are in seated at a clump of six desks, the chinese are all over the place, the two PowerBook users are across the room from each other [there's me, slumped on a desk against the staircase--do not mistake this for Harry Potter-esque, i am NOT under the staircase--and there's He Whose Name I Think Is Joel. i do not like HWNITIJ. not in that explict if-you-talk-to-me-i-will-not-respond way, but in that i do not actively seek him out for conversation [in any case i don't actively seek anyone out for conversation]. he smokes. half the time when he's just entered a room i get this whiff of cigarettes off his backdraft. most people say they cannot detect it--to which i ask if they've lost all ability to smell--but i guess my nose is just hyper-sensitive. plus the way my father smokes i am surely fine-tuned to that smell if anything. he recently asked me for a copy of Microsoft Office Mac 2004 and Adobe Photoshop 7 for Mac. i hesitated to help him out, but my brain had already sent the command to say "sure". i used the excuse that i ran out of CD-Rs over the weekend, and today i forgot my FireWire cable for transferring the program off my iPod. to be honest i really forgot, the guy brought his PowerBook to school today [something he apparently doesn't do everyday, and why should i feel anything since i bring mine to school everyday] but i guess it was on purpose subconciously.

accidentally on purpose, i guess.

back to the first topic i brought up. yes. it's a block party here [and you know how i am at parties], and the racial divide is clearer than ever. i don't know why this matters at all [in fact, i don't know why this matters to me] but i thought i'd post it anyway, if only as a cover for my need to bitch about the PowerBooks, FireWire cable, iPod, HWNITIJ, Office & Photoshop, smoke and cigarettes.

No comments: