Saturday, September 18

right back where we started from

tomorrow: noobsies convention at The Bayshore, just because one of my cousins' sons has turned three.

these people are the same that have insulted basically everyone living here [my aunt's] on Friday, when Priscilla [my third cousin] mentioned something about her son [Nicholas, takes Multimedia & Infocomms Technology at Nanyang Polytechnic] needs only a hundred dollars a month as expenses, and how come first aunt is giving him two-hundred fifty?

this led to my second aunt defending me on the phone, leading to Priscilla activating the family gossip/slander network, leading to an entirely ugly incident. my aunt-of-sorts revealed to me that they're after my first aunt's favor, which by the looks of how much i've getting and the very fact that i'm living here, is supposedly in the palm of my hand according to their imaginations. amongst the things that they're after range from petty things like thousand-dollar stock dividends to being in her will for her CPF assets.

in a heated discussion of my cousins my aunt-of-sorts spat out this hilarious retort:

Next time, just tell her:

"Priscilla, congratulations on having such a great son like Nicky! Our Aaron is so useless, we give him two-hundred-fifty a month and see no change from it!

Nicky is so good, he can manage on a hundred a month! One day Lee Kuan Yew will make him his Finance Minister!"

i laughed my way to the floor with that one. i feel strangely bemused and enthralled by my status within the family now. it's like i'm ryan atwood, and these noobsies feel threatened by my moving right into their breathing space.

i'm tired, so i won't elaborate any further [even though i would love to. it's like living in a television drama, except it's not as fun to watch, because you're not watching it. you're living it. and not in a good way, like if i were to be living an O.C. life], but just to record my thoughts:

i downloaded the O.C. special, Obsess Completely, and i am loving it, fully intend to buy Mix 2 and MUST buy Mix 3 [a Chrismukkah compilation], and am stoked about the second season of The O.C. due to premiere on November 4th [so much so that i wish my birthday was then instead. it's like a huge birthday present, exactly one month early], BUT what on earth is the O.C. Insider thing.

it's like one of those Barbie/Archie/Kathy Keene [okay, so i read a lot of Archie, but never Kathy Keene, they were under the same publisher and cross-advertized. as for Barbie my sisters had a lot of Barbie stuff--but thankfully not a membership] clubs or something where you pay a subscription and get a newsletter and access to special stuff and what not. it sounds so lame and really cheapens my whole thing for The O.C. it is so blatantly a money-making endeavor that makes josh schwartz's self-deprecating comment about how they were always ready to make a quick buck on The O.C. no longer funny or endearing, but instead off-putting.

color me put-off. i'm going to pretend i never saw that/never see that when i re-watch Obsess Completely. i have a sneaking suspicion that they are going [in fact, i dare say they won't possibly pass the chance up] to plug O.C. Insider on the next, and last, O.C. special before the next season.

i can just imagine summer roberts going, "O.C. Insider? Eww."

No comments: